Sunday, August 17, 2014

Aldnoah.Zero Review


Basic Information
Genre: Action, Mecha, Sci-fi
Episodes: 12

Synopsis
In 1972, humanity found an alien hypergate on the moon. Using it, humans began to migrate to Mars. On Mars, the settling humans found a bunch of ancient technology which was really awesome. Thus, the settlers declared Mars as the Vers Empire and claimed all the technology, and secrets, for themselves. Then, they declared war on Earth in 1999. So some genius decided it was a good idea to fight on the moon, and it ended up exploding. Since the hypergate was destroyed, and, because the Mars bunch couldn't get back to Mars, they set up orbital space stations around Earth and declared a ceasefire. The anime begins 15 years later, when a Martian (Vers Empire) princess decides to head down to Earth to try to develop better peace relations. But, Murphy's Law kicked in big-time, and her convoy was attacked by terrorists. Thus the war resumes.



Let's just imagine that I'm really bad at writing reviews. Ok, bar imagine. I actually am. So let's get down to the point, or at least my opinion, since this is a review, and it's gonna be my opinion anyways.

Music
Normally, I probably wouldn't put this up first. It'd probably be something like "plot" or something like that. But, in all honesty, the music of this anime is pretty damn awesome. It complements the anime amazingly. I don't know how to say it otherwise other than, "I'm all in for the music alone".
(10 (+1) / 10) Hey, I have free rein on this, don't call me out.

Plot
Overall, the plot is... I have no idea how to rate plots. It's interesting, where the main character is similar to Lelouch from Code Geass as he's closer to the "brains over brawn" type characters. But regardless of how much brains he has, it's still a tad-farfetched to explain how a TRAINING mech can beat some super-advanced mech from Mars. But the plot and dialogue does a good job of explaining it. The plot's a tad dark with all the death and killing and blood and whatever involved, but it's not really going overboard. Overall, it's quite interesting, as I said before, and warrants a decent rating. (7.5/10)

Other Aesthetics
Haha, look mommy, "other aesthetics". Yeah, I should probably still put this section in here. The CG is actually really good, despite it being sorta obvious in its distinction between animated and CG graphics. Regardless, the action is good, and there are explosions. What more can you ask for? (9/10)

Hm, personally, I say go watch it, if only for the music and sound stuff. Personally, I'm not a fan of mecha anime, but this is quite worth watching.

But...

No comments:

Post a Comment